The following tips are designed to move your print job through the
pre-press process quickly and to ensure optimal printing results.
Using Powerpoint with RBVI-supplied templates
- Download a poster template of the desired dimension from http://www.sacs.ucsf.edu/Documentation/PosterPrinterPowerPoint.html
- Modify the layout, add text and images, as desired. For best
results, line art should be 600 dpi. Scanned images and photos should
be at least 300 dpi and saved as an EPS or TIFF file . If possible,
avoid enlarging scaned images and/or photos above 120% to ensure
- Once your poster is complete, save the file as a PDF, ensuring that
the page size matches the original template size and that fonts are
downloaded to the file.
- E-mail the file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Using other applications
- Open application and set document size and print size to desired dimensions.
Note the poster printer's maximum print width is 43".
- Layout document using guidelines listed in the procedure for Powerpoint
- E-mail the file to email@example.com. Please give information on the
application and platform used to create the document.
Consulting | Training | Resources | Documentation | Links | Admin & Aux services